Eshon Burgundy’s first NFTRY album charts on iTunes
Eshon Burgundy’s third studio LP, The Passover, released today and quickly climbed iTunes’ top-selling hip-hop/rap albums chart.
As of 9:30 a.m. ET, The Passover sat at No. 6 on the chart.
The project is Eshon’s first since his departure from Humble Beast Records and first on his new brand, NFTRY.
“NFTRY is a group of faith-centered artists dedicated to making quality art that stirs the faith of God’s people and extends His love to those unaware,” its official website reads. “We are not a record label, but a community of creatives — rappers, producers, videographers and businesspersons who have come together in total support of one another. Soldiers in the Lord’s army, who have decided to serve alongside each other, praying together and sharing resources.”
Purchase The Passover on iTunes.
“[The Passover] is loosely inspired by ‘The Passover’ of Exodus,” Eshon said. “The story is a powerful one about God delivering His chosen people, held captive by Pharaoh in Egypt, out of bondage. As they obeyed His commands, they were spared — passed over unharmed by the death angel when it arrived as the finale of God’s 10 plagues. This account in the Bible is about liberation and, as a man once confined to the four walls of a public housing community, I share the experience of an oppressed people.
“Growing up, my community, Passyunk Homes, wasn’t designed as an outlet. It was more like a dead end. Living in makeshift houses made of cinder blocks and tar, I saw a world filled with drug dealers, drug addicts and crime. A few of my friends were killed. I was almost killed, but the Lord spared and delivered me. I’m grateful that, by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal death angel has passed over my soul. This album is an expression of that.”
- Intro (prod. by Radley Raw)
- Bless Ya Name (feat. Th3 Saga) (prod. by J. Rhodan)
- What I Prayed For (feat. ABIV) (prod. by Nick Joyal)
- Dead Letter (prod. by DreKnowss)
- The Great Exchange (Currency) (feat. Jeremiah Bligen) (prod. by Wontel)
- Gunz x Rosez (prod. by Apollo Brown)
- Before I Chose You (feat. Parade) (prod. by Wontel)
- Pray (Extended) (feat. Jeremiah Bligen) (prod. by J. Rhodan)
- Can’t Tell Time (prod. by Agee Boy)
- Smoke and Fire (feat. Stef Silva) (prod. by Carnegie)