6th Annual Rapzilla Beat Battle at 2018 A3C Festival
After 5 years of the Rapzilla Beat Battle with our friends at Flavor Fest, we’re moving on to a new host in Atlanta at the legendary A3C Festival! The battle is going down Thursday, October 4th at 12:00AM-2:15AM. Aisle 5 – 1123 Euclid Ave NE. Our event is free however A3C Festival badge holders will be granted priority entry.
Our 2 round format for the Rapzilla Beat Battle will see producers go head to head with each producer playing two 60 second beats. The judges will provide valuable feedback to each producer at the end of each round. We will then take it to the audience to applaud for the producer they think won. The winner will be determined by who the audience applauds for the loudest. In the case that the winner cannot be determined from the applause level, the judges will determine the winner.
Rapzilla Beat Battle Judges:
- Symbolyc One aka S1 – The main esteemed producer of the highly acclaimed group Strange Fruit Project. His style and production range stretches beyond all genres from R&B to Soul, from Underground to Urban Pop and everything else in between. As super producer, S1 has gone on to do prominent work with great artists such as Beyonce, Kanye West, Eminem, Jay-Z, Madonna, Babyface, Talib Kweli, The Game, 50 Cent, Adam Levine, Little Brother, Lecrae, Logic, Lupe Fiasco, amongst others as well as being a core member in Erykah Badu’s electronic band, The Cannabinoids. S1’s hard work has paid off and awarded with 2 Grammy Awards.
- Tee-Wyla – A Hip-Hop veteran, Tee-Wyla has produced for artists but also received countless placements on TV. Placements include Viacom/BET, World Cup, NBA Finals, UEFA Cup, Winter Olympics while he has also produced for Social Club Misfits, Christon Gray, and more.
- OnBeatMusic aka OB – A producer/DJ and the 2016 Rapzilla Beat Battle Champion, is making a name for himself as more than a Producer but as an artist as well. OB’s catalog of production is not a short list, to say the least, producing for artists such as Derek Minor, Bizzle, nobigdyl., Dillon Chase, WHATUPRG, Deraj, S.O., and many more. In 2017 we crowned OnBeatMusic as Best Producer in our end of the year awards.
The contestants for the 2018 Rapzilla Beat Battle are:
- Da Boom Squad
- Jon Payne
- Ty on da Track
The winner of the 2018 Rapzilla Beat Battle will win the following:
- iRig Keys I/O by IK Multimedia, the all-in-one music production station that goes anywhere you want. A total music production system in a controller.
- iLoud Micro Monitor by IK Multimedia – ultra-compact, high-quality reference studio monitors. High-end sound without the high-end price.
- Kaotica – prizing TBA
- A 1 year Pro plan from Landr to master and distribute your music.
- Tracklib – 50 free track downloads + 1 Sample License (Category C)
- A featured interview on Rapzilla.com, our 2 hour syndicated radio show and podcast, and our social media.
The Runner Up will win the following:
- IK Multimedia’s iRig Keys Mini, a 25 key universal mini keyboard controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android and Mac/PC so you can produce anywhere.
- Kaotica – prizing TBA
- A 1 month Pro plan from Landr to master and distribute your music.
- Tracklib – 25 free track downloads
- Exposure on Rapzilla.com social media
Watch one of our favorite Rapzilla Beat Battles: Dirty Rice vs. Tone Jonez
Check out more of our beat battles from the previous years, here.