Surfer Wolf – Holy Man (Fast 5 Fridays Q & A)
Surfer Wolf is formerly Wolf of Surf Gvng. He’s back with his single “Holy Man,” and answered some questions about it. Check out our latest installment of Fast 5 Fridays.
Q & A Below:
1. What is the general message behind this song?
The song is talking about blocking out nonsense thinking 4:8 (Philippians 4:8) and only talking and listening to things with volume (things with substance).
2. How did you get inspired to create it?
This started from a text asking questions that I ain’t have answers to so I hit them the monkey emojis. ?
3. Who produced the song and how’d the production come about?
The Homie @iamxdavinci killed the beat and sent it to me as soon as he heard the news about the Surf Gvng split and told don’t stop keep going.
4. Is this track part of an overall project or a stand alone single? What can we expect this song to be the start of?
Not sure yet, but you can only hold on to a wave so long before it starts leaking so I decide to just push it out.
5. Why should people listen to this song or your music in general?
People shouldn’t listen to my music. They should listen to my heart. Yeah, the flow is dope, the beats knock but the message is lunar. It’s a reflection of something, someone greater and bigger than me and my Wolfpack. And that’s On Er’Thang.