Top 10 Most Read News Articles of 2017 on Rapzilla.com
Rapzilla is taking a look back at our top most read articles of 2017, and for this installment, we are focusing on News.
1. Lecrae Says He ‘Supports’ Christian Hip-Hop but not the Rules & Limitations it May Create
Summary: In the last few weeks, Lecrae has been on an interview blitz with stops on the Breakfast Club, Hot 97, Sway in the Morning, and more, but his latest appearance on the Wade-O radio show became a place to explain some of the unintentional stirred up controversy in the last few weeks.
2. Shai Linne asks 4 questions about Chance The Rapper and the state of Christian music
Summary: Chance The Rapper became a topic of discussion among numerous Christians this week after he performed “How Great Is Our God” at the 2017 Grammys, where his “gospel” mixtape Coloring Book earned him three awards.
3. Datin Addresses Lecrae not defending Christian Rap, Lecrae responds
Summary: God Over Money emcee Datin took exception to what he deemed a shot at Christian Hip-Hop by Lecrae in his recent interview with Sway in the Morning. Datin uploaded a video to explain some of his issues, and Lecrae responded. Rather than escalate into anything further, a resolution was reached, and grace was found.
4. Lecrae: My next album will surprise fans of ‘Rebel’
5. Lecrae’s new single ‘Blessings’ features Ty Dolla Sign
Summary: Lecrae posted a preview of the single cover for his upcoming single “Blessings,” which he also revealed features Ty Dolla Sign.
6. Lecrae Speaks to Sway About ‘White-Evangelicalism’ & Hot 97 About Chance the Rapper
Summary: Lecrae had a busy media day in NYC this week as he made stops at both Shade 45’s ‘Sway in the Morning’ and Hot 97’s ‘Ebro in the Morning’.
7. Reach Records signs first new rapper since Andy Mineo
8. Kendrick Lamar Says New Album will Focus on God Being a Missing Component
Summary: Kendrick Lamar was recently interviewed in the New York Times were he spoke about his creative drive and process. In the article, he mentioned the biggest missing component in life – God.
9. Lecrae’s ‘All Things Work Together’ Opening Week Numbers are in
Summary: In 2015, Lecrae’s Anomaly shocked the world when it had first week sales of 88,000 units sold, not including streaming. This year’s All Things Work Together has fallen short of that.
10. Sho Baraka’s ‘The Narrative’ Pulled From LifeWay Bookstores for Offensive Language
Summary: Sho Baraka has become the latest victim of having a bookstore pull his music from their shelves for language deemed “offensive.”
Which one was your favorite?