The Source lists LaToria among 11 female rappers to shine at SXSW 2016
This weekend, Dallas-based artist LaToria received mention on The Source’s list of “11 female hip-hop artists set to shine at SXSW,” the music festival of which runs from March 15-20 in Austin, Texas.
“The music portion of the annual South By Southwest festival is always a great place to discover or get re-acquainted with new, rising and established artists and this year’s line up is no exception,” The Source said.
The mainstream hip-hop magazine called LaToria’s sound “gritty, authentic and a nod to the origins of hip hop in its earliest forms.”
“I was beyond surprised, humbled and truly blessed when I saw the post,” LaToria said. “My heart has always been to make music that feels good and feeds the soul. I am excited about what the future holds for women in hip hop, especially for those of us who love the Lord. We are carving our own lane and running in it.”
LaToria is gearing up for a busy year. Her The Long Walk Tour, is kicking off in April, and she also has new music coming soon. Here are some of her upcoming show dates.
- March 18 – SXSW Inside Gospel – Austin, TX
- March 19 – SXSW Kingdom Experience – Austin, TX
- March 25-26 – One Community Church – Plano, TX
- April 8 – Sparrow Conference – Dallas, TX
- April 22 – Naptural Roots Gala – Atlanta, GA
- April 30 – Natural Hair Week – Manchester, UK
- May 1 – Natural Hair Week – Leeds, UK
- May 2 – Natural Hair Week – Birmingham, UK
- May 7 – Natural Hair Week – London, UK
- May 14 – Summit Worship – Dallas, TX
- June 10 – Club Koinonia – Compton, CA
- June 25 – Big Ticket Festival – Gaylord, MI
- July 23 – Manchester Youth Conference – Manchester, UK